75+ Motorcycle-Related Small Businesses and Individuals to Support this Holiday Season
Let’s keep it real: 2020 has been a pretty wild ride for everyone. However, small businesses across the United States have taken a major financial impact this year. As we wind down into the holiday season and begin to shop for gifts, let’s remember to support this little community of ours. With so many different individuals, businesses, and brands out there, surely there’s a small business in the motorcycle industry that fits your gift giving needs.
We’ve put together over 75 brands, businesses, and individuals to help you find ways to shop small this holiday season. All of which are based right here in the USA. Check it out!
Our motorcycle rides would be a lot less interesting without locally owned and operated bars and restaurants, many of which are owned by riders in our community. Some of these businesses have online stores where you can order merchandise and other goods online.
Want to keep it local? Consider supporting a local establishment in your own community that you and your buds frequent if you’re able to!
- Fuel Cafe – Milwaukee, WI
- See See Motorcycle Company – Portland, OR
- Kung Fu Tap and Taco – Des Moines, IA – (FTWco / CHVRCH Owned & Operated!)
- Blip Roasters – Kansas City, MO
- Flat Track Coffee – Austin, TX
- Doffo Winery – Temecula, CA
- Yellow Jacket Social Club – Austin, TX (I’ve spent entirely too much of my own money here. Go Get a grilled cheese or BLT, please.)
- The Little Darlin – Austin, TX
Tattoo Artists & Illustrators
Illustrators come in a variety of styles. Whether you commission someone to do a custom painting, get tattooed, or buy prints, each of these Moto-inspired artists offer their own style to fit your needs.
- Mikey Fermoile
- Lee Bullock
- Danielle Vee
- Gorgeous George
- Donny Conrad
- Anthony Hicks
- Darren McKeag
- Christina Platis
If you enjoy staring at social media, chances are you enjoy the artistic capabilities of many different photographers. Grab a coffee table book, wood cut, print, or other merchandise from your favorite moto-photo nerd! If you know someone local to your area, perhaps commission them for a photo shoot of your family, your motorcycle, or a combo of the two.
- Mikey Revolt of Forever the Chaos life
- Lanakila MacNaughton of Women’s Moto Exhibit
- Rob Williamson: Pre-Order his new Coffee Table Book!
- Ben “the Boog” Zales
- Meredith Devine of Meredith’s Painted Ladies
- Nico Voit
- Liam Kennedy
Most YouTubers have merchandise available. However, you could always buy your favorite moto-vlogger a cup of coffee or tank of gas if you’d like to support them directly! Want to support for free by hitting that big red subscribe button? That’ll work, too! Here’s a few channels to check out:
- As the Magpie Flies (Pssst…she’s also an amazing illustrator!)
- Her Two Wheels
- Shade Tree Surgeon
- Whitney Meza
Stunt Riders, Brands, & Events
Some of the most viral motorcycle videos on the internet are of stunt riders doing their thing at events or on the streets. If you love seeing these folks do what they love, grab some gear!
If you’re in the giving mood, many non-profits could always use a donation to help others in need!
Can you really have too many black t-shirts, beanies, camp mugs, or trinkets? …There’s no such thing as too many trinkets.
- Cheap Thrills Good Times
- Go Fast Don’t Die
- Rusty Butcher
- Alive and Free Co
- She Wolf Moto Co
- Dirt Bike Kidz
Riding Gear Manufacturers
Motorcycle Parts & Gear Suppliers
Don’t forget about the folks that keep our bikes running with fresh parts and services!
- MC Shop Tees – A subscription to MCShopTees directly benefits local motorcycle shops. Check out the website to learn more.
- Ramjet Racing
- Madhouse Motors
- Tucker Speed
- Dream Rides
- Your LOCAL motorcycle shop. The guy or gal that listens to your onomatopoeias and self diagnosis bike issues could use your help this winter!
- Julie Bootknife of Vagabond Supply Co
- Brittany Jacobs of Moth Wing Metal Works
- Red Rabbit Trading Co
- Kristen Olsen of Stone & Dagger
- Heyltje Rose
- Desert Condor
- Taylor Schultz of Schultz Designz
- Scott Hoepker of Chemical Candy Customs
- Paige Clark of Stripe Cult Painting
- Nicole Andrijauskas
- Kayla Koeune
Magazines and Media Sites
Hopefully this blog got your wheels turnin’ with ways to shop local and shop small this season. Of course, we only scratched the surface with businesses to help out. Do what you can, when and where you can. Happy Holidays!
This a great resource. Thank you